martes, 15 de octubre de 2013

Faded Love

All I can read about on the internet or hear in every song is how people are either happy about love or how someone broke their heart. I got to admit, it's a good topic to talk about - all can somehow relate. I began reading different stories of how couples have met or what really got them attracted to their "the one", and it got me thinking. Love in Azerbaijan. When I started thinking about it, a couple of main topics came to mind: physical love, emotional love, and financial love. Don't get me wrong, these topics are concentrated everywhere but somehow the 'financial' love is a little more concentrated in Azerbaijan, in my opinion.

Physical love is mostly for the people in Azerbaijan who fall in love with the physical appearance. Some like the Caucasian look (I speak of men) - black hair, muscular, strong, strict while some like the European look - lighter skin, relaxed, more layed back. There are many types, don't get me wrong, but since we live in a Caucasian country, our men and women are of the Caucasian look. Women fall in love with men who are look like the physical version of a "well payed gentleman", to some maybe to feel safe or have that image - for the society. Factors like the clothes he/she wears, the cars they drive, what stores they shop at - all is physical. Which takes us to financial love, since without money, your physical image might lack also. But before we get to financial, let's talk emotional.

Emotional love is when you're attracted to the person on an emotional level. You love the way they laugh, make conversation, the way they think - intelligence. Isn't that what truly love is? An emotional connection, feeling dependent of the other. I mean, we don't think about anything except that person. No money, no image is associated with love, in this case. We love because we feel, not because we see. Nothing is fake, all is pure. Pure love - or is it?

When I was in Baku, I heard a lot about the financial love more than I did about the Eurovision that was hosted in Baku (it was a big deal!) I mean, the topic of finding the one is much more interesting than anything political, economical, or social happening in the country. Financial love is when you fall for the person because of money. Questions like how much they make, who the parent's are and if they're rich, what type of car they drive, how may apartments they own and where. We call this life, ladies and gentlemen. Women try to talk to men who have some sort of a future, they say. By these standards, men who don't have their money given to them yet, are not set for their future - what happened to progress? Success?

I'm not blaming women completely, because men have also began to start the trend with the financial love. They start wondering if the girl's family is rich enough and if they can support and help out. I mean, I understand in the world we're living at the moment, having enough money to support one self is quite important, but what happened to the true meaning of love? Connection between two people? 

Does love still exist in the world today? 

My parents' were lucky to find true love, I'm sure yours did too. But what about us?

What about love?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario